Sunday, October 21, 2012
9 Halloween Lessons Learned From The Movies
Movies can provide more than just entertainment. They can impart all sorts of valuable tidbits of information and Halloween movies offer some especially important lessons about ghosts, monsters, and evil things lurking in the shadows.
Here are 9 important lessons Halloween movies have taught us.
9) When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER check to see if it's really dead.
8) If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic behavior such as hissing, fascination with blood, glowing eyes, or increasing hairiness, get away from them as fast as possible.
7) Do not search the basement, especially if the power has just gone out (especially if it was NOT knocked out as the result of a storm).
6) If appliances start operating by themselves, move out.
5) Stay away from certain geographical locations such as: Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog, the Bermuda Triangle…or any small town in Maine.
4) If your children speak to you in any language which they should not know or if they speak to you using a voice which is not their own, be afraid…be very afraid.
3) When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER pair off or worse yet go it alone when searching the spooky old mansion for the source of the strange noises.
2) As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.
And last, but not least…
1) If you find a town which looks deserted, there's probably a good reason for it. Take the hint and stay away!