Saturday, August 17, 2013

FUNNY BUMPER STICKERS


Bumper stickers—we seem to be surrounded by them on a daily basis.  We see them on the cars in front of us as we drive down the street.  We see them on cars in the parking lot at the grocery store.  You may have one (or more) on your car.

They have various messages and those messages are often related to the vehicle owner's political or religious beliefs.  Or they could be in support of a charitable cause or a non-profit group attempting to accomplish something.  They could advertise a product, show where the vehicle owner went to school.  Or they could let the world know where you went on vacation.

Your bumper sticker supports a specific candidate in an upcoming election?  What do you do with it after the election is over, especially if your candidate loses that election?  The main problem with bumper stickers, in my opinion, is that once they're on your car bumper you can't remove them without seriously scratching and gouging your bumper.

Some bumper stickers, however, don't carry a message.  Some of them are just for laughs.  And here's a few of those just for fun bumper stickers.

Driver Carries No Cash—HE'S MARRIED

Yes, This Is My Truck.  No, I Won't Help You Move.

Auntie Em: Hate you, Hate Kansas, Taking the dog. –Dorothy

My Other Car Was Your Car All Along!!

If You Can Read This…you are probably pulling me over.

Remember! Drinking may cause memory loss. Or worse, if could cause memory loss.

I used up all my sick days, so I called in dead

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for you.

I Stand With Scott Walker. [a political bumper sticker, and next to it a hand written sign] I don't stand with Scott, I'm just borrowing my dad's truck.

Be Nice To Your Kids, They'll Choose Your Nursing Home

This vehicle protected by anti-theft sticker

What if the Hokey Pokey IS What It's All About?

And finally, the bumper sticker that pretty much says it all…

I Hate Bumper Stickers.


Have you come across any interesting bumper stickers, ones that made you take a second look while emitting an 'out loud' chuckle?


5 comments:

Fiona McGier said...

I have a few on the bumper of my truck.
--"Buckle up-it makes it harder for the aliens to such you out of your car!"

--A prices sign, like on gas stations, and instead of the numbers it has: LOL, OMG, and WTF!

And my favorite: "Hang up and drive!"

PamelaTurner said...

One of my favorites is "The rat race is over. The rats won." There's another one, but I can't recall exactly how it went. Something like, "Why is it so hot in here, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Fiona McGier said...

I meant "Suck" you out of your car! Typed too fast, worked too many hours today at my crappy retail job! Sorry!

Husband used to have one that said, "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"--Ben Franklin.

Shawna Delacorte said...

Fiona: Love the gas prices!

Thanks for your comment.

Shawna Delacorte said...

Pamela: There are days when I'm thoroughly convinced that the rat race one is 100% true. :)

Thanks for commenting.